1. These terms and conditions together with any specific competition notes set out on the prize draw pages (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions ("Competition") featuring in any Nina Beste website unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition ("Competition Notes") or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. Nina Beste reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Nina Beste's reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notes. .
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be of legal age in your country of residence. The email address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes or notifications, and any newsletters by Nina Beste, so please make sure this is correct.
6. Employees of Nina Beste or any associated company of Nina Beste and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver's licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel and/or car hire.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Nina Beste reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. Nina Beste assumes that by reading the blog or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
10. Nina Beste reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Nina Beste in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Unless otherwise indicated photocopies of entry coupons are not accepted. Where a winner has been selected and Nina Beste discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Nina Beste reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
14. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register for the newsletter if registration is required as part of the entry process. Nina Beste may charge premium rate only entry and may not offer a free entry route on competitions.
16. By entering any prize draw you are automatcally subscribed to Nina Beste's free newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time. Unsubscribing early may affect your chances to win, as we are no longer permitted to contact you via your provided email address.
17. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Nina Beste cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
18. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Nina Beste does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
19. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notes, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
20. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notes. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on Nina Beste's website in which the competition appeared and on other the relevant websites.
21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
22. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Nina Beste reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
23. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Nina Beste and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
24. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notes and must be observed. Nina Beste reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
25. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
26. Nina Beste does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Nina Beste will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notes and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
27. In consideration of Nina Beste agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Nina Beste (and third parties authorised by Nina Beste) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Nina Beste (and third parties authorised by Nina Beste) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
28. Nina Beste does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Nina Beste may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
29. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Johnston Press reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
30. Nina Beste cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Nina Beste is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Nina Beste’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Nina Beste reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
32. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent.Data relating to entrants will be retained by Nina Beste for a reasonable period after the Competition closes, or if subscribed until the entrant unsubscribes, to assist Nina Beste to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
33. By providing Nina Beste with your personal data you consent to Nina Beste transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as your country of residence. If Nina Beste does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
34. The Competition and Rules will be governed by German law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Germany. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from other countries, this Agreement shall remain governed by the laws of Germany.
35. Nina Beste may cancel any competitions without notice, due to unforseen personal changes, illnesses or other developments. If a third party is involved in the competition in any way, you consent that Nina Beste passes on your information to them.